How many times can the non-medical mask be used?
Non-Medical disposable mask should be used ONE time only. Face coverings should be changed when they get slightly wet or dirty.
How often should the mask be washed?
Disposable non-medical face mask should be thrown away after each use. All face coverings that cannot be cleaned should be thrown out and replaced as soon as they get slightly wet, dirty or crumpled.
Cloth face mask should be washed after every use. If the face covering can be cleaned, you should:
- put it directly into the washing machine or a bag that can be emptied into the washing machine
- wash with other items using a hot cycle with laundry detergent (no special soaps are needed), and dry thoroughly
- wash your hands after putting the face covering into the laundry
Should I wash my mask before using it? Disposable mask not applicable.
Cloth mask must be washed before use.
Adjustable Earloop - One Size Fits All
Adjustable nose clip - allows each customer to adjust the mask around their nose to the way they want it.
How to properly use face coverings
When wearing a face covering, you should:
- Wash your hands immediately before putting it on and immediately after taking it off. (practise good hand hygiene while you are wearing the face covering).
- Make sure the face covering fits well around your nose and mouth.
- Avoid moving the mask around or adjusting it often.
- Avoid touching the covering while using it.
- Not share it with others.
Remove or dispose of face coverings
When removing a face covering, you should:
- throw it out into a lined garbage bin.
- wash your hands.
Do not leave any discarded face coverings in shopping carts or on the ground.
Summary dos and don’ts
- wash your hands immediately before putting on and immediately after taking off a face covering or face mask
- practise good hand hygiene while you are wearing the face covering
- make sure the face covering fits well around your nose and mouth
- avoid moving the mask around or adjusting it often
- avoid touching the covering while using it
- change the face covering or face mask when it gets slightly wet or dirty
- share face coverings or face masks with others
- place on children under the age of two years or on anyone unable to remove without assistance or who has trouble breathing
- use plastic or other non-breathable materials as a face covering or face mask